Rheola Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Rheola (3517) is a suburb of Northern Victoria, Bendigo, Victoria. It is about 171 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Rheola is in the federal electorate of Murray.

In the 2011 census the population of Rheola was 316 and is comprised of approximately 48.7% females and 51.3% males.

The median/average age of the population of Rheola is 52 years of age.

86.7% of people living in the suburb of Rheola were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.9% England, 1.9% South Eastern Europe, nfd, 1.9% Germany.

96.5% of people living in Rheola speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.5% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Rheola is 25.2% No religion, 24.3% Anglican, 16.4% Uniting Church, 12.6% Catholic, 6.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.4% Baptist, 3.2% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.2% Other Religious Groups, 1.9% Pentecostal, 1.3% Buddhism.

54.5% of people are married, 24.5% have never married and 13.7% are divorced and 3.2% are separated. There are 11 widowed people living in Rheola.

58.9% of the people living in Rheola over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 24.1% are working on a part time basis. Rheola has an unemployment rate of 8.5%.

The main occupations of people living in Rheola are 49.2% Managers, 12.1% Professionals, 9.8% Labourers, 9.8% Technicians & trades workers, 7.6% Clerical & administrative workers, 4.5% Machinery operators & drivers, 4.5% Community & personal service workers, 2.3% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Rheola work in are 44.1% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 8.1% Health care and social assistance, 7.4% Manufacturing, 6.6% Transport, postal and warehousing, 5.1% Education and training, 4.4% Professional, scientific and technical services, 4.4% Public administration and safety, 4.4% Construction, 4.4% Other services.

62.5% of homes are fully owned, and 18.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 10.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $372 per week and the median household income is $659 per week.

The median rent in Rheola is $50 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $743 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Rheola postcode 3517

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Boundary Bend 3599 -> Northern Victoria -> Victoria